(note: this was originally posted in a Facebook group I’m a part of…I liked it so much to repost it here)
Here’s why I think Facebook Ads & Google Maps will help you win big in 2017:
Local companies NEED quick wins = FB Ads
Local companies NEED sustainability = Google Maps
Facebook Ads = SPIKE TRAFFIC
Google Maps = MAILBOX MONEY
- long term
Ok??!!! Now what?
(Thought #4 to ponder)
KNOW YOUR INDUSTRY
It really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to run Facebook Ads It just requires patience, time, attention, creativity, support, advertising spend, organization, ability to read data, more time, testing time, and some good ol’ fashion ingenuity (smh)
When you’re thinking about servicing the local market, here are 5 key components to dial in when getting started:
1. A Killer Incentive (aligned with a killer image)
- offer some kind of discount
- a freebie
- a percentage off
- bogo (buy one get one)
- run giveaways or contests
- share compelling stories
- highlight testimonials
- you get the picture…
2. Zipcodes & Areas
- add surrounding cities
- add zip-code parameters
- use specific areas
3. Targeted Interests
- use flex targeting
- stack “interest” targeting
- stay relevant
- build numerous audiences to test
4. Landing Page tools
5. Test, test, test
- segment out your audiences
- cycle out the ads (7-10 days)
- break up the placements (mobile, desktop, etc)
- think about age, gender
- part the day for scheduling
- test out copy & offers
Running FB Ads for clients isn’t hard to learn and isn’t that difficult to throw together. You just need to have some focused attention to dive in. You can learn how to do FB Ads from videos on Youtube, Udemy and a plethora of Webinars floating around. (there’s also a few very very good courses that teach you how to run FB ads, how to set up your FB ad agency, how to scale up campaigns, contracts, retainer agreements, etc…if you search, you’ll find them – and NO I don’t teach that stuff!!)
heck, go directly to the mothership and learn straight from the horses mouth. there’s some really good content and case studies there: https://www.facebook.com/business/products/ads
If you’ve got the entrepreneurial mindset to think critically and creatively, you can do this.
However (screeching halt)
Because the landscape of paid advertising is becoming more and more data driven…it really requires specialty knowledge and experience to run it at scale and deliver killer results, FAST. There’s a reason why agencies specialize “only” on FB Ads…yes, bc its lucrative but mostly bc it requires a lot of attention…attention that needs to be focused solely on FB Ads and nothing else 🙂
There’s A TON of freelancers and “facebook ad” guys (very good ones too) who can do the work for you (if you want a shortcut…aka white label) You just go out, sell the service, seal the deal, and split with your WL partner.
My point is:
Facebook Ads has been a major buzz the past couple years and it doesn’t look like it’ll slow down, any time soon. Get in or get run over, simple as that.
Ok, so how do I even get me some Facebook Ad clients?
Run the regular Client Acquisition strategies you would normally do and just ask for the business:
- in LPB (Local Profit Breakthrough) there’s a FULL blown training module on how to get local clients (the strategies apply across the board to any service offering) http://localclienttakeover.com/lpblife
- there’s the simple ASK approach (ask family, friends, people on FB, networking colleagues, referral partners, alumni associations, chamber, BNI, ask on Linkedin, mention it to the Uber driver, go to coffee shops and take a picture of all the business cards stapled to the bulletin board and ask those people…the options are endless)
- “cold” approaches (calls, emails, physical lumpy mail, etc)
- run FB ads direct to potential clients
- run some Adwords campaigns
- do a free-for-three campaign
- you get the picture…
Bank on it
Quick commercial break:
If you’re looking to grow your business through an education portal that is designed for the entrepreneur – consider visiting https://growwithelite.com/ It is one of the leading online workshop providers helping small businesses grow.
If you haven’t noticed, google behemoth has placed A LOT A LOT of emphasis on the maps pack in organic searches. Duhhh
From desktop queries to mobile search, google maps is clearly where you want to dominate, ESPECIALLY for local businesses.
Now…this is a little more behind-the-scenes-technical when it comes to the ranking part and logistics needed for success.
Because of this, I’ll freely bow out and simply direct your attention to the only maps training / service you’ll ever need.
Maps Lift Off (Brian Willie) – I think there’s a holiday special for it
https://goo.gl/2lv09i (not an affiliate link)
Think about it…
When people search (locally)
They see the maps (period!!)
Maps are still in its infancy stages for its true impact
Traditional organic rankings are still quite competitive (and spammy)
With the right tools/training:
you can BE – where people SEE – when they’re looking to go on a shopping SPREE…LOCALEEE (haha eat your heart out drizzy Drake)
Map rankings are a long term play…for your clients = this means more business which also means a nice recurring passive retainer for you
Que the boom
Ok, so how do I even get me some Google Maps clients?
Read what I wrote above
Let me leave you with this:
VERY VERY VERY important if you want to win BIG in local (google maps)
- maps are SPECIFIC to the local area
- there’s only so many companies that can rank and rake in all the $$
- someone WILL get a hold of A company and rank it
- THEY’LL cash in easily
- the longer you wait to get a client and rank in the maps, the faster you’re giving money away to the fiverr-link-buying-seo’er
- maps ranking can be a GREAT MONTHLY INCOME
- don’t let someone else take your spot in the maps!!!!
Alrighty, I’m out
Que the closing boom
Hope this is helpful